1. I pretty much narrowed down where i'd like to live: Eixample or Gracia
2. I used to rent a small apartment in Berlin and I am very hesitant to move together with other people again, but a couple of things i've learned from living alone:
- it is very expensive!!! paying for all the agency fees, warranties, buying all the furnitures and necessary daily things cost a LOT of money, much more than i anticipated (the first day that my bank account was in positive was the day i moved out, and that includes the days i got my (pretty good) salary as well)
- I find it almost impossible to find furnished single apartments in Bcn (especially in a good location with a terrace :)
- You can afford a very nice and big room in a very nice house in a very nice place with huge terracce for the same money as what you would pay for a crapy single apartment with paint falling on your head without any furnitures
- Renting a room normally also means that someone else takes care of the bills for you! Nice! :)
- Prices are normally all included, no hidden fees, extra payments... when you live alone you never actually know how much you paid at the end of the month
5. Prices for renting a room: 300-600 euros... I'll target 450.. you can get some pretty sweet rooms for that (all bills included, sometimes even a cleaning lady... not that it's a priority)
6. P.S i am surprised how many people have cats in Barcelona! no cats for me thanks
7. Which reminds me, I'm astonished by the poor search options on idealista, i can choose if i'm a boy or a girl, if i have any pets and if i want to live with gays and lesbians or if i don't mind.....
10. Living in a place like Barcelona where it can get very hot and it's sunny most of the year i'd definately look for a place with a terracce! :)
So if anyone is reading there.... do you share an apartment in Barcelona? How much do you pay? What are your experiences? Would love to hear...